|Location||Longwood, Florida US map|
|Vehicle||1987 Suzuki SP 200|
|Motor||Mars ME0201013001 Brushless DC|
Axial gap DC brushless pancake motor. Rated at 48 volts 400 amps max 100 amps continuous
|Drivetrain||#40 Chain drive 11 tooth front:72 tooth rear|
Brushless DC controller, 72 volts 300 amps peak 180 amps continuous with Regen
|Batteries||Sony 26650VT, 75.00 Volt, Lithium-Ion|
4.2 volt 2.7 AH 20C
|System Voltage||75 Volts|
|Charger|| FMA Balance Pro|
6 Series RC style balance Charger with computer interface. Will charge at up to 10 amps. I use three of these and can recharge in about 2 hours
|Heater||HA, This is a motorcycle in Florida,|
|DC/DC Converter|| None, yet, but maybe|
I changed everything over to 24 volts, and for now am just tapping off at 6 cells. Haven't decided for sure yet what to do.
|Instrumentation||Speedometer. Cycle Analyst.|
|Top Speed||45 MPH (72 KPH)|
changed out front sprocket and increased to 55 MPH but acceleration was worse.
|Acceleration||Decent, can keep up with traffic up to 45 MPH|
|Range||15 Miles (24 Kilometers)|
Longest ride to date 20 miles (this was when the pack was new)
|Watt Hours/Mile||75 Wh/Mile |
Still need more testing. I ordered a Cycle Analyst.
|Seating Capacity||2 adults|
|Curb Weight||242 Pounds (109 Kilograms)|
106 on the front and 136 on the rear
|Tires||Kenda Street Tires|
|Conversion Time||3 months, but still plenty of things to do|
|Conversion Cost||Battery motor and speed controller about $2000.00|
Donor Bike $200
|Work in progress.|
Still Working on it.3/21/08.
If you have any questions drop me a line drewjet at cfl.rr.com
I have started using for local commuting and running errands. It's a head turner.
1/16/09. I have been riding it quite a bit lately. I use it to go to work and back 8.5 miles each way. I do charge it at work as my max range is about 15 miles.
I have tried a few different gear ratios, which gave me higher top end at about 55 MPH, but prefer the better acceleration and lower amp draw with the 11:72
I finally recovered the seat and painted the fairings and added a fairing for where the tank was. It definitely improved the looks a lot.