matizmatizmatizmatiz
OwnerSteven Ward
LocationGlasgow, Scotland United Kingdom map
Vehicle2001 Daewoo Matiz
Daewoo Matiz in the uk or Chevrolet Matiz as it was later known.
MotorD&D Motor Systems, Inc. ES-10E-33 Separately Excited DC
REGEN BRAKING PLUS REVERSE AT FLICK OF A SWITCH
DrivetrainD&D motor from Thunderstruck coupled to gearbox directly without a clutch.
ControllerSevcon POWERPAK
up to 84volts max.
Batteries6 Trojan scs225, 12.00 Volt, Lead-Acid, Flooded
4 mounted in the boot and two where the radiator used to be.
System Voltage72 Volts
ChargerZivan NG3
high frequency 240volt input 30amp output.
Heaternow fitted esparcher heater(as truckers use) for winter.excellant.nice and warm
DC/DC Converter
none using original battery plus 2nd larger battery located in rear passenger footwell and recharged with solar power. update removed this battery to save weight 15kilos.
Instrumentationpaktraker with current sensor.good little gadget.
Top Speed50 MPH (80 KPH)
30mph in 2nd gear
40mph in 3rd gear
havent ventured into 4th but dont think much more to come. update had 50mph in fourth down hill.
Accelerationslow. ok in town only.happy at 30-40 in 3rd gear.
Range20 Miles (32 Kilometers)
travel to work 8 miles with 55-60% power remaining.on way home which is more uphill 35-40% power remaining at 10degrees celcius.
Watt Hours/Miledon't know
EV Miles
Start:58,042 Miles (93,389 Kilometers)
Current:61,000 Miles (98,149 Kilometers)
Total:2,958 Miles (4,759 Kilometers)
Seating Capacitywill seat 5 adults but used for one. update removed passenger seat to save 15kilos so now seats 4
Curb Weight1,900 Pounds (863 Kilograms)
original car weighs 880kg engine weighed 100kilos.weighed it recently at my company weigh bridge 0.86 metric tonnes.(860 kilos)
Tiresoriginal
Conversion Time4-5 months
Additional FeaturesHad to fit electric power steering pump from Toyota MR2 MK3 roadster to allow power steering to work.

update-disconnected wiring as it was sapping too much juice from accessory battery.will connect for mot.no problems without.just slightly heavier to turn wheels

first set of trojan batteries lasted 3000miles.not good.
second set of so called ranger equivelants only 1200miles.now looking at li-ion or fuel cell options.

code by jerry